|Posted by cleanandcleaner on October 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM|
You wonder what the true advantages of wood flooring are – read on and educate yourself with this brief overview of its core characteristics:
1. It enhances the overall ambience of the room. Wood floors bring a cosier and welcoming atmosphere to any room. According to numerous inquiries, wood is the most favoured house building material. Many experts explain this tendency with the fact that people perceive it as a piece of nature brought directly into their homes.
2. Lifespan - wood floors have the longest lifespan of all flooring materials. It is proven that well cared for wooded floors can last for more than a century. It is no coincidence that most ancient edifices throughout the world have wooden floors. These buildings can serve as a valid evidence of the durability of wooden floors.
3. Maintenance - wood floors do not require strenuous maintenance. Just vacuum and mop clean the floor on a weekly basis and re-wax the floor every five to ten years. Also every now and then you can hire a flooring company that offers various wood floors installation based services to aid you with the maintenance. By hiring such firms you will be able to prolong even more the lifespan and excellent appearance of your wooden floor. To find the coordinates of these companies type wood flooring London on your computer’s internet search engine such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
4. Allergies - unlike other flooring materials, wood does not offer favourable conditions for allergens. This means that by having a wooden floor you will have an allergy-free environment in your home.
5. Price - although wood floors are much more expensive then laminate floors which mimic wood, they are worth the investment. No matter how good the laminate floor is it will never be able to imitate in full the beauty of natural wood.